Monday, June 11, 2007

WTF OVER?

OK so I am a little late starting this...I have been out here for 2.5 years. I have seen stuff out here that I never thought I would. I thought that leadership understood both parts of the NCO Creed...accomplishment of the mission and the welfare of my soldiers. USAREC fails to balance the 2.
Example:
A soldier's wife is pregnant. She has to have a C-section. They already have a 4 year old. The soldier requested 14 days of leave to take care of his wife (major surgery), newborn and the 4 year old. Guess what? DENIED. Make other arraignments. WTF? I say again...WTF?
How in the hell can they get away with that? The person telling the recruiter this? Yeah, he took emergency leave when his wife left him. He goes home on a regular basis because he has to take care of his kids. I don't get it. The mentality here is insane.

3 comments:

SFC B said...

Oh man... if I had a nickel for every time I've seen some shady, hypocritical stuff I'd have a shitload of nickels.

JACK ARMY said...

You must be in New Orleans Battalion! I saw that and much worse all the time there.

If I knew then what I know now, the IG's number would have been on speed dial.

Good luck!

Mauser*Girl said...

That seems to be a trend with USAREC. They don't care about their soldiers, and they view the soldiers' families as a nuisance.

My better half was in the hospital for 2 weeks a while ago when he first came on recruiting duty. Nobody called. Nobody sent him a get well card. When he returned to the office, their first comment was, "How will you make up for all the time you LOST by being sick?"